Friday, May 09, 2008

Where are those Malisch's?

Well... because driving across country with a thirteen month old was soooo much fun, we had to try it with a fourteen month old! That is right, the whole Malisch clan including both vehicles and both pets drive BACK to southern California.

Day one brought us to Idaho Falls, ID. The falls were pretty cool and I felt like I was on a family trip during the 50's to "Fabulous Idaho Falls!". Our hotel, the Best Western Driftwood, was super quaint and adorable. I must say I was surprised. I guess my hotel expectations have been reduced due to the need for pet friendly accommodations. But this one was remodeled but still had a ton of charm and was right at the falls so we got to take multiple family walks along a scenic trail. It was a very enjoyable stop.Day Two took us to Utah where we stayed in the same hotel we stayed at on the way up but this time we were there earlier and had time for a dip in the heated pool. Adam and I had to ponder why on both trips did we get a hankering for beer while in Utah???? It just is not the same with only 3.2% alcohol. Mental note to self, if we decide to do this drive AGAIN, buy beer in Nevada!
We drove through the Kolob Canyon section of Zion National Park and stopped for a picnic lunch there too. I can't wait until Emmet is a little older and can go on a backpacking trip here! Emmet, please remind Mommy to buy beer for the camping trip in NEVADA.. or Idaho, anywhere but Utah!

Our last night was in Las Vegas where we stayed at a lovely inn (ha ha). It turns out the decent pet friendly hotels in Vegas are hard to find. Here is our view from our room!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Utah is so beautiful. So beautiful in fact that you absolutely must view it totally sober.