Friday, August 29, 2008

Emmet's new steed

We found this used bike trailer on craig's list. I have named it "The Emmet Steed". Although the correct name would be "Emmet's steed". He even has a great new hat to wear in his steed. He loves the hat, he loves the trailer, but hates the combo. We are working on retrofitting the trailer so that it does not hit his helmet so much. I bike Emmet to daycare, leave the trailer there, and then bike to school. So I am getting a good 8 miles a day in on the bike. So now I can justify my frosted brownie addiction. I love taking him to day care in the trailer. I feel good about not increasing car emissions, I don't use gas, I get a work out, I can eat an extra brownie, I am very often provided the right of way (any one with any karma brakes for a kid in a bike trailer) the list goes on and on. I am very happy with this purchase. There is also a sweet bike trail that is a perfect shortcut to day care. Ahhh, it was meant to be!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dunno, it looks like it'll be cramped when I get in there too...

Love,
A

Joey said...

That's so cool! Wish I could bike to work. Looks like things in Missoula are going great. Miss you guys :-)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, the brownie justification story. I know that story well. >>sigh<<

Baby helmet photo adorable.

Erin said...

We have a Chariot bike trailer and use it ALL THE TIME! I biked Madigan to day care all of July and lost 5 pounds...it was great. It was almost 5 miles a day, three times a week. We're still biking when the weather allows. We're so happy with that purchase! And she loves it too.