Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Labor Day

So I am a little behind on my blogging. Here are the happenings of Emmet and Mom on labor day. We went to Salmon Lake with the neighbors. Anyone you don't recognize are the neighbors. It was a beautiful day for a picnic on the lake. Adam was out of town so I was very eager to get out of the house and do something. Emmet seemed a little out of it in the morning and I pondered canceling the trip but then decided to go ahead and see some Montana sights. Initially he splashed around in the lake with his good pal from next door but once I got his suite on all he wanted to do was cuddle in his bear blanket and chow on snacks. I didn't mind the snuggle time.
Here is our newest neighbor boy, who is no time at all will be Emmet's best guy friend in Missoula!
This is Tank the amazing seal dog. He would swim out, dive! yes dive underwater to the bottom, and then haul huge rocks bigger than his head to shore. He did this all day, I was very amused.
This is Emmet's best gal pal in Missoula. She loves the lake and didn't want to get out even if her lips were blue:)


Emmet was a little too chill on the beach, so when I got home I took his temperature, 102! So off we went to urgent care who announced that he had an ear infection probably stemming from the cold he got when he started his new day care:( This cold has been designated the death cold of 2008. Emmet, Adam, and I have had it or some side effect of it for over 4 weeks! ugg!

Stay tuned for more posts from Grandma Elaine and Grandpa Conrad's recent visit to Missoula!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome little snuggly buddy you have there. And that dog is pretty cool too. I've never heard of a dog that did such a thig!