This pic is an oldie but goodie, it is at least three weeks old (as far as the Emmet archive is concerned, that is ancient). This pic is from when Emmet was hanging out with our friend Nicky while Mom taught eager minds (ha ha) genetics.
Feeding update: Emmet loves Mom's cooking and now has consumed homemade potatoes, sweet potatoes, pears, apples, and butter nut squash. What Emmet hates is the food processor. So Mom has to wait until Emmet is asleep and then puree his chow in the bathroom! Nothing says yummy like food prepare five feet from the commode!
Sleeping update: Emmet's amazing sleep habits have reverted to worse than when he was five weeks old! Ugggh. He wakes up crying often. I KNOW it could be teething, so please do not leave a comment and say that! I am so sick of this supposed teething thing. I can not permit bad sleep habits indefinitely because it MIGHT be teething. He goes to bed great as always, I lay him in his crib at eight (awake) and he curls up on his side and passes out. But lately he wakes up once, twice, sometimes thrice in the night and is pissed! Helpful hints will be greatly accepted (but please no excuses!!!).


4 comments:
rum on the gums? i'm just saying....
When my kids wake in the night, I go in, give the binky, say "It's still night time, night-night." I exit quickly and hope I don't hear too much protest. From what I've read, you just want to make sure you don't reward them with anything that makes the crying worth it for them (holding, feeding, etc.). Sophie went through a similar phase which last about 3 days. Hang in there!
Could it be a bit of gas from a significant diet change?
Jessica
I'm with Jenny. I don't love the cry it out way- it breaks my heart, but sometimes they just have to know that it's night night time not play time. I hope this phase is short and he goes back to his dreamy sleepy self.
Post a Comment