Emmet had his six month checkup today. He weighed in at a petite 20 pounds and 4 ounces (90th percentile according to his doc) and 28.5 inches (95th). He got two shots :( His DaTP leg is all red and swollen. Poor guy!
In other news, Mom (me) decided to make baby food tonight and hilarity ensued! First I steamed apples, purred them, put some in his dinner bowl and the rest in ice cube trays for freezing. I was so excited to feed my little guy homemade applesauce that I slaved over. He has happily gobbled rice cereal (which few babies like without fruit added) and GERBER sweet potatoes. Well wasn't I surprised when Emmet snubbed my apples! What a rascal, hating on Mom's cooking already. So I mixed in some milk and rice cereal.... no go... and then added some Gerber sweet potato.. bingo! I hope this is not a pattern. I then made homemade sweet potatoes and regular potatoes, I will report on their receptions when we get there.


3 comments:
What a sweet boy ya got there. He really has an expressive face. And he seems to really like his sweet potatoes. Bryce has tried rice cereal and likes it, but it gives him gas. Takes after his daddy i guess. We all miss you. Rusty, Kim, Austyn and Bryce. And Luke. Can't forget the kitty.
What an adorable sleeper, Emmet! Have you finally surpassed your cat's weight???
Oh my, Emmet is a big guy. Ryan was 16 lbs. 2 oz. at 6 months. He didn't reach 20 lbs. until he was a year old! On the other hand, Brandon is catching up to Emmet. He's a big 13 lbs. and 2 oz. at 2 1/2 months.
Post a Comment