So Jenny and Carrie were right! Following Jenny's instructions (we called for more detailed instructions) we decided that we would reinsert the binkie if there was crying and that we would only feed him if it had been eight hours since his last feeding. Like he knew our plan, he feel asleep and eight hours later he started making noise. I got up, fed him and put him back in his crib and said "night night". 20 minutes of peace ensued followed by a tantrum. We held out and Emmet fell back asleep and slept till almost 8AM!!! That is almost 12 hours!! Lets hope the next few nights get easier and we drop the 4am feeding. I never would have guessed babies could backslide like this. I guess they like to keep you on your toes. Adam and I feel like champions for winning the battle of the wills with a six month old.
Friday, September 14, 2007
Sleep, sweet sweet sleep
So Jenny and Carrie were right! Following Jenny's instructions (we called for more detailed instructions) we decided that we would reinsert the binkie if there was crying and that we would only feed him if it had been eight hours since his last feeding. Like he knew our plan, he feel asleep and eight hours later he started making noise. I got up, fed him and put him back in his crib and said "night night". 20 minutes of peace ensued followed by a tantrum. We held out and Emmet fell back asleep and slept till almost 8AM!!! That is almost 12 hours!! Lets hope the next few nights get easier and we drop the 4am feeding. I never would have guessed babies could backslide like this. I guess they like to keep you on your toes. Adam and I feel like champions for winning the battle of the wills with a six month old.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I know I have told you this before, but I am telling you again. You child. Adorable. ADORABLE. When are you leaving Riv forever?
Good boy, Emmet!
Post a Comment