Sunday, April 05, 2009

One fun weekend!

Emmet (and Adam and I) had a wonderful end to our spring break. Organic Sprouts was closed so we had a sitter over on M,T, and W and then we took turns with Emmet on Thursday and Friday. Grandma Jessica also joined us on Thursday and stayed through Sunday. It was an awesome visit and after Grandma Jessica was dropped off at the airport Emmet kept saying, "I need Grandma" cute and heart breaking at the same time.

The last thing we did for G-Jessica's visit was to dye eggs. I will post more about the visit but there was just so many fun activities if I try to post them all at once, I will never finish. Here Emmet is sporting a shirt that G-Jessica made by hand for him, adorable!
We dyed the eggs with food coloring, 1/4 tsp food coloring, 3/4 cup hot water, and 1 tbsp vinegar, it worked really well as you can see. I think this was the first time I have dyed eggs without a kit and I am never going back.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

You're right, these colors are fantastic! I am going to give it a try!

Anonymous said...

Those colors do look great! However, I'll wait for the stool sample test next Monday before I commit to this technique.

~ Uncle Josh