Friday, July 12, 2013

Eastern Sierras (post six)

Emmet and Sawyer were requesting more Tenaya Lake ("the lake with the island"). So I said we would go on Wednesday. I happened to get a text from Gary the electrician that he was coming around noon. So we hung at the cabin and waited for Gary. 
Emmet made me a ring of aspen, my heart nearly burst from the intense love rush. This kid rocks! Once Gary showed up (no pic of Gary, darn it! He rode in on his vintage motorcycle) I was in charge of breaker switching and G Pa Tim was in charge of sweet baby Ray Ray.
When Tim came to pick up Ranger from me, Ranger reached up to G Pa! Ohhhh what a little heart breaker, this one knows how to win over a grandparent. After Gary fixed the water pump, yeahhhhh Gary! We were off to Tenaya Lake! It looked overcast but the boys were pumped and so off we went. We arrived and found our favorite little secret spit was empty and all to ourselves, just how I like it. 
Ranger says, "this spot rocks!"
Post swim selfie.
Grandpa Tim joins the boys and is quick to name the island in honor of Sawyer, Emmet and Tim aka SET island. Emmet was all "umm this is Emmet and Sawyer Island, we named it last year". 
It was overcast but pretty much perfect. Not to sunny and not crowded.
Can you find the baby?
If you're happy and you know it raise your hands.
This place is totally Yosemite's kiddie pool.
A smile from Sawyer! I think we are turning a corner!! There may have been a small threat involve (positive parenting fail, but seriously, if I give you life I expect smiling photos in return... Or no desert).



No comments: